Welcome to Chestnut class page.
We are a wonderful class of year 1 and year 2 children. Our class teacher is Miss Priestley and our teaching assistant is Miss Pickles. We have a lovely class where we are able to work hard and access provision areas both inside and outside of the classroom.
Our PE days are Monday and Friday and children should come into school in their full P.E kit.
Please ensure that your child brings in a water bottle each day.
Please can you ensure that your child brings their reading book and diary into school every day and that they try and read a little each night. Every time your child reads at home they are awarded a raffle ticket in hope to win a prize on Friday, if their ticket is drawn out.
If your child is isolating and absent from school because they are waiting for a COVID test result of a household member or themselves and they feel well, then please help them continue with their learning remotely at home as a short measure (2/3 days).
To keep learning please can they access from home the following:
- EYFS play MiniMash - play the games to develop their maths and literacy skills
- PurpleMash (KS1/2)- complete the 2Dos for English and maths skills practice
- Bug Club (All key stages) – read some of the texts and answer the questions about the book. If they are in KS2 ask them to write a short recount or make a book review too
- Sumdog (KS1/2) – play in the games section to revise key skills and check and complete maths tasks/homework set by their class teacher
- TTRockstars (Year 2 upwards) – play in the Garage Band to practise key times tables that have been set and play in the Studio Band to improve their Rockstar status
- Teach your Monster to Read (Phonics EYFS/KS1) – ensure your child logs onto their account each day to learn the sounds appropriate for their phonics phase
For any longer isolation 10/14 days a different online learning platform (Microsoft Teams - which is currently being set up for every child) will be provided with more detailed content and lessons. More details to follow.
If your child is unable to access the online platforms for any reason such as no internet connection or device, please contact school immediately where we will provide further support.