General Websites about Online Safety
- CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre)
- Get Safe Online
- Visit www.thinkyouknow.com a website for young people and their parents and teachers. Run by the UK's Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP).
- Recommended by one of our parents andfull of ideas.
- MumsNet on Internet Safety - a good resource
Websites about Online Safety Specifically for Primary School Age Children
- What are the risks?
- Think you know? 5-7 years
- Think you know? 8-10 years
- Child Net - Primary
- Parents Guide to Technology
- Beat Bullying
- Facebook Safety Page
- Facebook Checklist
- On-line Gaming - an introduction
- Setting up Parental Controlson Windows computers
- Apple screencast aboutParental Controls on a Mac
- Enabling restrictionson an iPhone
- Parental controlsfor Android
- The Lancashire Safeguarding Children Board Handbook. Includes a lot of information about keeping your child safe including new technology
- A very useful 'Family Agreement' to talk about with your children
- Parental guide to the latest social media and instant messaging trends